Onkyo Remote App for AndroidPress Release dated: 3 Aug 2011
Streaming Music and Intuitive Control of Your Entertainment
Onkyo’s Remote App for Android* allows you to integrate wireless audio stored on an Android phone into your Onkyo home network system. The app operates over a wireless LAN and enables a range of remote control functions, such as volume and tone control and input selection. It also lets you seamlessly browse networked content and navigate menus using the touch-screen GUI on your Android phone.
*Requires Android OS 2.1 or later.
Available here as a free download:
The Remote App’s graphical user interface (GUI) makes it extremely easy and intuitive to operate. Use simple menus to choose an input source and one of four different listening modes, including music, movies, or games. It’s also easy to make a full range of tone and speaker adjustments.
Wireless Music Streaming
Operating over a wireless local network, the app allows you to stream music stored on an Android phone to your Onkyo network audio system. Music played through an Onkyo system gains far greater power and fidelity.
Using the Remote App, you can control output in separate zones in a multi-room distributed audio set-up. The app lets you choose the playback source for up to three zones, depending on your A/V receiver’s capabilities.
Easy Setup Menu Control
Selecting the setup menu feature on your Android phone makes the A/V receiver’s main menu page appear overlaid on your home theater display. You can then access a variety of menus that let you adjust settings on your connected Onkyo receiver.
- Wirelessly streams music stored on an Android phone
- Operates general remote-control functions (e.g. play, stop, power on/off)
- Controls multi-zone audio
- Selects input source, network source, and radio station
- Adjusts tone control, listening modes, and speaker volume
- Displays content information
Compatible Onkyo Models:
- TX-8050, TX-NR509, TX-NR579, TX-NR609, TX-NR709, TX-NR809, TX-NR1009 (Higher models to follow)
Note: This application is a beta version. Users that experience technical difficulties should download the full version, which is available from October 2011.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
• Best-in-Class High Current Capability for THX® Select2™ Plus-Certified Theater Reference Sound• Pure Direct Analog… morePress Release dated: 17 Apr 2014
• New Network A/V Receivers Debut with HDMI® * supporting 4K/60Hz Video and 21:9 widescreen format• HDCP 2.2, the… morePress Release dated: 17 Mar 2014
Audiovisual manufacturer Onkyo Corporation, Japan Institute of Scientific Research for Education, and the Braille Mainichi… morePress Release dated: 20 Nov 2013
Onkyo Expands Headphone Range with iOS-Compatible ES-CTI300 On-Ear and IE-CTI300 In-Ear ModelsOSAKA, JAPAN. Users of Apple… morePress Release dated: 6 Nov 2013
* Free HF Player Includes 16,000-band FIR Equalizer with Memory Presets* In-App Purchase Enables 192 kHz/24-bit DSD*, FLAC… morePress Release dated: 24 Oct 2013